Re: keepassx crashes - due to Qt4-TDEStyle

Dne Sunday 27 of December 2020 11:49:53 William Morder via tde-users
napsal(a):
> On Sunday 27 December 2020 01:26:28 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> > On 2020/12/27 01:10 PM, William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > Never before had any problems with keepass or keepassx or any of its
> > > variants; not when running TDE or other desktops, not when using it
> > > on Android, etc. But now it crashes every time I try to open it.
> > >
> > > I've attached a screenshot which shows the error message.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have a clue what is the problem?
> >
> > I don't know this app, but qt4 is no longer present in latest distros
> > and qt4style also no longer available. Cheers
> >    Michele
>
> After installing everything that seemed possibly relevant in tqt and qt4
> (to no avail), I also discovered keepassxc, which has an ugly gui, but
> at least it works. I will look into keepassx some more, to see if it has
> problems in the wider world outside TDE.
>
> Since the keepassxc fork works, I suppose it is already resolved well
> enough.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

qt4tdestyle corresponds to the qt4-tqt-theme-engine package. You can try to
remove this package so that TDE style cannot be used in Qt4 applications.

As Michele mentioned, because Qt4 is currently being removed from
distributions, it probably doesn't make much sense to spend time fixing
the Qt4 TDE style engine. There it will be more appropriate to think about
porting TDE style for Qt5 and Qt6.

Cheers
--
Slávek