Re: Amrecover hangs after restore

On Sunday 20 December 2020 11:15:03 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2020 Sun, 20 Dec 10:59:49 -0800
>
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > [...]
> > Amiga, a blast from the past! That was my very first computer thingie,
> > back in, um, 1984? But for me it was just a glorified typewriter, as I
> > never saw the need to get geeky until I got on the Internet and had a few
> > bad experiences, enough to wise up a little.
>
> Amiga without games? No BattleIsle? No Shadow of the Beast? Abomination!
> Heresy! ... Get out the the forks and torches!
>
> Nik
>
> > Bill

Oh, no -- there were games, but I was never much of a computer gamer. I tried
Pac-Man when it came out, and a few others, I wasn't totally secluded from
games. But my son pretty much wore out the keyboard and mouse on my Amiga,
playing Defenders of the Crown. And I believe that was probably his
introduction to computers, and now he's doing something start-uppity down in
Austin, TX, so computer games can lead to good results, even if I don't have
much use for them myself.

The same with porn; even if you don't watch it yourself, we pretty much owe
most innovations in modern technology to porn. Or again, war (along with
other catatrophes) drives most innovations in modern medicine, caused by the
need to treat never-before-seen diseases or injuries.

But for me, a computer is still just a glorified typewriter, even though I now
use it for many other things.

Bill