Re: Bluetooth Headphone Microphone

On Thursday 12 November 2020, Edward via tde-users wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 21:51:22 +0100
>
> deloptes via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Edward via tde-users wrote:
> > > May have answered my own question. There is a second BT profile
> > > named HSP/HFP (Headset Head Unit). Says it's unavailable.
> >
> > if you want to try my work there is tdebluez in the repo waiting to
> > go into mainline.
> > if profile is available (it means you have the software installed) it
> > would show up.
> > The HFP/HSP comes with ofono if I am not completely wrong.
> > I even came so far to use the phone remotely from the PC (using dbus
> > direct calls for now - no time to write UI). Unfortunately there
> > seems to be an issue somewhere down the pipe because PA crashes often
> > when call is finished and in term kmix goes crazy 100% cpu.
>
> The USB Bluetooth piece, has a Broadcom chip inside it, that I
> discovered hadn't worked properly with Linux at some point in the past.
> The USB piece is Bluetooth 4.0, but the headphones (Sentry BT300), I
> don't believe are 4.0. Curious as of any headphones must be (more or
> less) recent and high-end for the mic to work.
>
> I have the PCLinuxOS TDE Mini image installed and although ofono is in
> their repo, it is not currently installed.
>
> I'll install ofono and see what occurs.
Dear Human,

Do you have blueman-manager installed and PulseAudio System Tray.
If not, install them.

1. Connect your headset, as such.
2. Launch PulseAudio System Tray
3. Click on the little grey speaker and click volume control.
4. Go to configuration,
5. Go to your device, for example mine is Insignia NS etc etc.
	It's likely you will find a choice between hi fedelity playback and headset
	head unit HFP/HSP. Choose the headset.
6. To test, launch Audacity and start recording.
7. Send me lots 0 chocolate.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kate