Re: Moving HyperKitty mails to Trash ...

On 11/7/21 4:59 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> Just in case somebody is annoyed and wants to automaticly move mails fed
> to the mailinglist via HyperKitty to go to trash, this is how it works:
Personally I wouldn't want to do that because it's quite possible that
legitimate posts would come via HyperKitty.

But one thing I've found to be 100% effective at eliminating spam on mailing
lists I've administered, is to set newly registered users to Moderated so
their posts require moderator approval before going to the list.  Then,
after they make a legitimate post, they can be changed to Unmoderated.  Most
spammers don't bother registering when they know they won't be able to get a
message sent to the list, and even those few who do register can't bother
the list.

I don't know if it's possible to do it on this mailing list, but if it is, I
would definitely recommend doing it.

--
PGP key: http://homestead-products.com/pubkey.htm