Re: Possible bugs in Trinity Control Center - Printers and OS Installer

On Wednesday 11 November 2020 06:36:13 pm E. Liddell wrote:
> You were probably just installing overtop the same partition without
> clearing out the old files, so settings would have persisted (it's the only
> way I can think of that what you describe could have happened, anyway).

I think I hit this same type of thing last weekend, but I’m not 100% sure.

I did a:

- Live USB > Install > Auto use entire disk, no encryption
- Specifically not checking ‘preserve /home’

Did some testing, and I’m pretty sure I saved one file [fileA] in
~User/Documents.  I needed to check something else, so I again did:

- Live USB > Install > Auto use entire disk, no encryption
- Specifically not checking ‘preserve /home’

Did some testing, and saved some files in ~User/Documents.  AFAICT [fileA] was
still in ~User/Documents.

To be 100% sure I’d have to redo two full installs (but I don’t see that
happening).

Best,
Michael