Re: correct apt repo line for R14.newest?

On Tuesday 03 of November 2020 03:50:26 Gene Heskett via tde-users wrote:
> I thought it unusual that this machine was not getting updates, while
> the one machine tool machine I had tde installed on was.  So I looked at
> the repo list in synaptic and found the deb line for r14 had become
> unchecked. Checked it, and refreshed.  That brought in 313 packages, or
> tried to, reporting that it wasn't successfull at pulling them all. But
> when it had installed what it could, I then did another refresh, but it
> then did not mark any more new ones. Ack the log, the server hung up on
> me.
>
> Since I was then about 110 days of uptime and that many updates it
> needed to restart the dbus apache2 and tdm kin. I checked them, clicked
> fwd and was greeted by a bash login on tty1.  Logged in and did a sudo
> reboot. A bit slower than I recall, but but a lot was changed and things
> seem to be running ok now.
>
> But I am left with a suspicion I might not be pulling from the latest
> mirror. ISTR it was moved several months back, so would someone be kind
> enough to paste the latest repo line to me?
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

It has been a long time since the layout was changed on the primary
archive. As a result, the addresses for the repositories have changed. In
any case, the addresses are preserved there and automatic redirects are
set up so that the previous addresses in the apt sources lists are still
functional.

If you have apt sources for Trinity set up using the trinity-apt-archive
package, then your addresses have been automatically updated in your
sources lists. But it is possible that Synaptic then considered them as
new addresses and turned them off by default. I don't like these programs
that change the configuration on their own :(

Cheers
--
Slávek