Re: correct apt repo line for R14.newest?

On Tuesday 03 November 2020 00:19:06 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

> On Mon November 2 2020 20:25:30 Gene Heskett via tde-users wrote:
> > I do odd things just
> > to see if it can be done, like running a 1500 lb, 80 yo Sheldon
> > lathe with an rpi4. Probably more accurately than by hand, and 5 to
> > 10x faster than hands turning cranks could run it in 1955. Keeps me
> > out of the bars dontcha know. At 86 yo, I'd best stay away from
> > those.
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> I missed engineering in high school as they were building a new
> building for it when I was that age.  I love programming but if
> you ever feel like posting a few pics of your setup I'd love to
> see 'em.  My Mum's Dad was first a master baker and then later
> a foreman and fitter.
>
> --Mike

And I only got half a year as freshman, aka 9th grade, I quit because of
a health problem the principle and I disagreed over, that turned out to
be a food allergy when a smart intern figured it out 5 years later, and
went to work at a hardware store, fixing these new fangled things called
tv's. At 14 years old in '48. I wasn't being taught the algebra I was
taking as the teacher was far more interested in telling the girls in
class off-color jokes than he was in teaching algebra. I didn't spare
the principle my opinion of that, but it went in one ear and out the
other. I understand that later, that teacher was invited to leave town
in the night a few months later by the father of one of the prettier
girls in that class.

Been quite a list of BTDT's in my path thru life, culminating in 18 years
as the CE at WDTV-5 the CBS affiliate in Bridgeport WV, and the only
tech for about half of that time. A head hunter sent me here, and 15
years later his son called me to see if I was interested in takeing that
chair at KTLA for about double the salary. But KTLA is in LA, so I said
no. No amount of money would take me back to So. Calipornia. Wife #1
gave me 3, she had a stroke and died at 34, the two girls have passed
from cancer, the boy from a jug of scotch mixed with a Kia. Wife #2 who
had 3 of her own, gave me 3 more boys , left in '85, so I made it legal
with #3, an old maid music teacher a month short of 31 years ago, and
she is now under hospice care at a Good Sam's rest home, so I'm soon to
be alone again.

As for pix, there are some on my web page in the sig, but I need to do a
serious cleanup in the garage before I take any more evidence pix. Both
me and #3 are packrats and it shows.

Thanks Mike. Take care and stay well now.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis