Re: correct apt repo line for R14.newest?

On Tuesday 03 November 2020 03:55:20 Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 of November 2020 03:50:26 Gene Heskett via tde-users
wrote:
> > I thought it unusual that this machine was not getting updates,
> > while the one machine tool machine I had tde installed on was.  So I
> > looked at the repo list in synaptic and found the deb line for r14
> > had become unchecked. Checked it, and refreshed.  That brought in
> > 313 packages, or tried to, reporting that it wasn't successfull at
> > pulling them all. But when it had installed what it could, I then
> > did another refresh, but it then did not mark any more new ones. Ack
> > the log, the server hung up on me.
> >
> > Since I was then about 110 days of uptime and that many updates it
> > needed to restart the dbus apache2 and tdm kin. I checked them,
> > clicked fwd and was greeted by a bash login on tty1.  Logged in and
> > did a sudo reboot. A bit slower than I recall, but but a lot was
> > changed and things seem to be running ok now.
> >
> > But I am left with a suspicion I might not be pulling from the
> > latest mirror. ISTR it was moved several months back, so would
> > someone be kind enough to paste the latest repo line to me?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> It has been a long time since the layout was changed on the primary
> archive. As a result, the addresses for the repositories have changed.
> In any case, the addresses are preserved there and automatic redirects
> are set up so that the previous addresses in the apt sources lists are
> still functional.
>
> If you have apt sources for Trinity set up using the
> trinity-apt-archive package, then your addresses have been
> automatically updated in your sources lists. But it is possible that
> Synaptic then considered them as new addresses and turned them off by
> default. I don't like these programs that change the configuration on
> their own :(
>
> Cheers

That does sound like a cogent explanation.  And I agree.  Its taken NM
over a decade to learn to leave a host file based network config alone.
There for several years I was searching it out and rm'ing it before the
installs reboot. Recently ahahi has been getting the same treatment. I
hate knowitall software. And I certainly appreciate the stability that
tde has brought to the table. My hat is off in a salute to you folks.

Thank you Slávek.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis