Re: [quite OT] [but important] TDE shirts

On Sunday 26 April 2020 01:26:43 pm Slávek Banko wrote:
> On Sunday 26 of April 2020 19:07:23 Michael wrote:
> > I’m asking for a single volunteer for the below, so that the info dig
> > isn’t repeated a dozen times and gitea isn’t bombarded with the same
> > question(s) from a dozen people.  In that respect would someone, besides
> > Slávek ;), volunteer to dig through the:
> >
> > https://opencollective.com/gitea/
> >
> > documentation and summarize for the rest of us [please include reference
> > links!] how gitea:
> >
> > - Explicitly exempts TDE from needing a legal structure of its own.
> > - What TDE needs to do to join.
> > - What, if any, other requirements need to be met:
> > - - For joining
> > - - For ongoing membership
> > - Does using gitea constrain TDE from becoming independent later?
> >
> > # # #
> >
> > First to volunteer by timestamp gets it?  But do wait a day or so before
> > info digging so everyone else (who’s interested) can add whatever else
> > they think we might need to know about gitea before we ‘join’ them.
> >
> > And as several other have noted, this is important to TDE, but it’s
> > sucking way too much of my time atm...
> >
> > Best All!,
> > Michael
>
> Just a few notes:
>
> 1. Gitea != Open Collective. This has been cited as one example of who also
> uses Open Collective platform. Similarly, the Manjaro distribution could
> be an example - see https://opencollective.com/manjaro
>
> Note that Gitea uses the fiscal host located in the US, Manjaro uses the
> fiscal host located in the EU.
>

> 2. Yesterday and partly today, I spent a lot of time finding out more
> details about Open Collective and also Software Freedom Conservancy.
>
> So I'm ready to make some more detailed summary of the pros and cons.
> However, it must wait a while - probably to time after the release of
> R14.0.8 (it will be in a few days).

Thank you for the clarification, apologies for not understanding, I’d still
rather off load that onto someone else though

On Sunday 26 April 2020 01:06:55 pm William Morder via trinity-users wrote:
> We ought to create an online forum

Actually that’s on my to-do list; to prototype a TDE website using
https://civicrm.org/ on https://backdropcms.org/ , I need the practice and
it’s better to make all the newbie mistakes on a ‘free’ build ...