Re: [quite OT] [but important] TDE shirts

Hi All,  {snip it all!}

Let’s work together, not against each other.  We seem to be [excessively?]
debating over details that, in the big picture, aren’t that productive.

Bullet pointing [as I see it]:

- We all want to be able to use TDE [for the rest of our lives].
- NO one is going to be asked to deal with issues they don’t want to deal
with.
- A clearer definition of the TDE structure seems to be something [most?] of
us want.
- A clearer definition of the TDE structure is something some of us need [for
taxes].
- The release of TDE R14.0.8 is more important than this discussion [in the
short term].
- - To that end no decision can be made until well after .8 is released [so
everyone can catch up].

If we can “leave the project as a team and use a fiscal host” that would be
the easiest and most convenient and seems to solve all our short term needs.
If at some later date, it’s not working out the way we want, we can move to a
more independent structure.  Unfortunately we don’t have enough hard
information about what a ‘fiscal host’ is or does, but that information can
be gathered prior to .8 being released [by people not involved in .8].

# # #

I’m asking for a single volunteer for the below, so that the info dig isn’t
repeated a dozen times and gitea isn’t bombarded with the same question(s)
from a dozen people.  In that respect would someone, besides Slávek ;),
volunteer to dig through the:

https://opencollective.com/gitea/

documentation and summarize for the rest of us [please include reference
links!] how gitea:

- Explicitly exempts TDE from needing a legal structure of its own.
- What TDE needs to do to join.
- What, if any, other requirements need to be met:
- - For joining
- - For ongoing membership
- Does using gitea constrain TDE from becoming independent later?

# # #

First to volunteer by timestamp gets it?  But do wait a day or so before info
digging so everyone else (who’s interested) can add whatever else they think
we might need to know about gitea before we ‘join’ them.

And as several other have noted, this is important to TDE, but it’s sucking
way too much of my time atm...

Best All!,
Michael