Re: [quite OT] [but important] TDE shirts

On Sunday 26 of April 2020 19:07:23 Michael wrote:
> I’m asking for a single volunteer for the below, so that the info dig
> isn’t repeated a dozen times and gitea isn’t bombarded with the same
> question(s) from a dozen people.  In that respect would someone, besides
> Slávek ;), volunteer to dig through the:
>
> https://opencollective.com/gitea/
>
> documentation and summarize for the rest of us [please include reference
> links!] how gitea:
>
> - Explicitly exempts TDE from needing a legal structure of its own.
> - What TDE needs to do to join.
> - What, if any, other requirements need to be met:
> - - For joining
> - - For ongoing membership
> - Does using gitea constrain TDE from becoming independent later?
>
> # # #
>
> First to volunteer by timestamp gets it?  But do wait a day or so before
> info digging so everyone else (who’s interested) can add whatever else
> they think we might need to know about gitea before we ‘join’ them.
>
> And as several other have noted, this is important to TDE, but it’s
> sucking way too much of my time atm...
>
> Best All!,
> Michael

Just a few notes:

1. Gitea != Open Collective. This has been cited as one example of who also
uses Open Collective platform. Similarly, the Manjaro distribution could
be an example - see https://opencollective.com/manjaro

Note that Gitea uses the fiscal host located in the US, Manjaro uses the
fiscal host located in the EU.

2. Yesterday and partly today, I spent a lot of time finding out more
details about Open Collective and also Software Freedom Conservancy.

So I'm ready to make some more detailed summary of the pros and cons.
However, it must wait a while - probably to time after the release of
R14.0.8 (it will be in a few days).

Cheers
--
Slávek