Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

On Friday 24 April 2020 01:15:14 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2020 Fri, 24 Apr 04:17:12 +0200
> the legal implications. A professinal bookkeeper for a costs you ~ 300.- /
> year for simple bookkeeping (again: Austria) - that is, if you feel
> overhelmed with dooing simple bookkeeping yourself. If going for legal, how
> should these companies handle local laws? To which laws ate they bound?
> What's with VAT?
>
> civicrm.org --> US
> backdropcms.org  --> US
> opencollective.com --> US
> stripe.com --> UK
>
> Choos your poison.

Ah, I see I didn't transfer my thoughts well :(

civicrm.org and backdropcms.org are free platforms that can be used to
replicate an Open Collective reporting system.  The jurisdiction of either
has nothing to do with [TDE-ORG] (or any of their other users).  The rates
were PayPal, those rates don’t apply to checks and any other monies that can
be processed by the bank the [TDE-ORG] checking account is with.

They are both what I am moving my own site and the vast majority of my clients
to in preparations for Drupal 7 going end of life in November 2021.  (It may
claim to be for NGOs, but it’s also used by commercial entities for it’s
completeness of functions.)

My unwritten assumption was that I was the one
building/hosting/upgrading/managing the civicrm and backdropcms site, hence
it was ‘free’ to the [TDE-ORG].  The other unwritten bits were that civicrm
is able to replace much of the scattered functions TDE has today into a
single, integrated, space. [1]

[TDE-ORG] would need at least:

- legal status as a non-profit
- checking account(s)

[TDE-ORG] could use:

- someone who can read and do simple math for a tax return

Creating [TDE-ORG] as a non-profit is not exceptionally difficult (even in the
US [2]), it’s just a matter of reading, filling out forms, and paying a
filing fee.  If we even need help with that, we can ask any other Linux/tech
related NGO questions.

Best,
Michael

[1] The CiviCRM User Guide:
Note: It needs a much better TOC, the ‘Next’ topic link is bottom-right on the
page.
https://docs.civicrm.org/user/en/latest/introduction/what-is-civicrm/

[2] Huh, the Amazon Smile thing seems to only be for USA based non-profits?