Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

On Friday 24 of April 2020 12:14:53 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2020 Fri, 24 Apr 11:07:30 +0200
>
>  Slávek Banko scripsit:

> > > This is kind of service is the most expensive you can get, leaving
> > > aside the legal implications. A professinal bookkeeper for a costs
> > > you ~ 300.- / year for simple bookkeeping (again: Austria) - that
> > > is, if you feel overhelmed with dooing simple bookkeeping yourself.
> > > If going for legal, how should these companies handle local laws? To
> > > which laws ate they bound? What's with VAT?
> > >
> > > civicrm.org --> US
> > > backdropcms.org  --> US
> > > opencollective.com --> US
> > > stripe.com --> UK
> > >
> > > Choos your poison.
> >
> > For Open Collective, it depends on the selected fiscal host. For
> > example, here is a fiscal host based in Brussels:
> >
> > https://opencollective.com/europe
> >

> > Does anyone know of any other organizations such as Open Collective?
> > There is an example Software Freedom Conservancy, but it does not give
> > a choice of fiscal hosts - only the US. At the same time, it seems
> > more limited in the possibilities of donation methods, I do not see
> > transparent access to accounting records. See:
> >
> > https://sfconservancy.org/projects/services/
> >
> > Cheers
>
> The question  still is: what problem can you sove with a paied service
> like that? You still need a legal framework to use it. And when you have
> the framework, what's the point in those services?
>
> Nik

The idea is that instead of creating an organization for which we would
have to take care of all the necessary legal, we could create a TDE team -
a collective - at Open Collective. And through this team, we will be able
to accept donations and manage funds without having to worry about
bookkeeping and other legal requirements.

I suppose it will be easier to manage the core members of the team at Open
Collective than to address legal issues regarding the statutory roles in
the organization.

Or am I wrong and here are the necessary reasons for creating an
organization?

Cheers
--
Slávek