Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

On Friday 24 of April 2020 08:15:14 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > I assumed a plan using a fiscal host. If I understood correctly, for
> > OpenSource projects, there are fiscal hosts available that have 5%
> > fees and no fixed monthly fees. And above all, the fiscal host would
> > take care of bookkeeping, taxes, and so on. We could choose whether we
> > prefer the US (USD currency) or the EU (EUR currency):
> >
> > https://opencollective.com/pricing?tab=singleCollectiveWithoutAccount
> >
> > > # # #
> > >
> > > These kind of decisions are always a trade off, personally I’d go
> > > with Open Collective to begin with, but if the [TDE-ORG] starts
> > > getting decent funding I’d move on to something else.
> >
> > If we use the Open Collective fiscal host, we would not have to deal
> > with starting our own organization for now. That's one of the reasons
> > why Open Collective seems interesting to me.
>
> This is kind of service is the most expensive you can get, leaving aside
> the legal implications. A professinal bookkeeper for a costs you ~ 300.-
> / year for simple bookkeeping (again: Austria) - that is, if you feel
> overhelmed with dooing simple bookkeeping yourself. If going for legal,
> how should these companies handle local laws? To which laws ate they
> bound? What's with VAT?
>
> civicrm.org --> US
> backdropcms.org  --> US
> opencollective.com --> US
> stripe.com --> UK
>
> Choos your poison.

For Open Collective, it depends on the selected fiscal host. For example,
here is a fiscal host based in Brussels:

https://opencollective.com/europe

Does anyone know of any other organizations such as Open Collective? There
is an example Software Freedom Conservancy, but it does not give a choice
of fiscal hosts - only the US. At the same time, it seems more limited in
the possibilities of donation methods, I do not see transparent access to
accounting records. See:

https://sfconservancy.org/projects/services/

Cheers
--