Re: tdebluez prerequisite obexd

On 2024-05-20 03:42:15 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-devels wrote:
> Anno domini 2024 Mon, 20 May 10:05:13 +0200
>
>  deloptes via tde-devels scripsit:
> > Hello Lesslie, Nik,
> > we could not test tdebluez on anything else but Debian. In Debian I used
> > bluez-obexd which provides obexd and is standard. I do not know the other
> > obexd package. I suspect you use SuSE or CentOS.
>
> I'm on devuan ceres :)
>
> tdebluez works fine ... as long as you do not need anything
> bluetooth-audio. If you use pulseaudio instead of bluealsa things basicly
> work - but audio auto(re)connect does not. For the RPi400 I settled with
> pulseaudio + blueman-applet + holding-hands-with-bluetooth. Might be that
> the RPi BT device is a bit unstable ...
>
> > If you don't mind we could incorporate your findings in the respective
> > packages. We have to create CRs in TGW for that.
>
> That would be great :)
>
> Nik

	On openSUSE the audio stack we now have is:
ALSA
PulseAudio
Pipewire (replaces PARTS of PulseAudio)

	TBH, for me, audio configuration in openSUSE has gotten more and more
difficult over the years.  ALSA always worked quite well, but then PulseAudio
came along, but openSUSE didn't install any of the controls, whose package
names didn't tie them obviously to PulseAudio, so I used to just deinstall
it; then Pipewire showed up, but bizarrely, again, the component needed to
make audio work isn't installed by default.
	For me, it's just a nightmare to get audio working on openSUSE; and now with
my first foray into BlueTooth, it seems just more of the same. :-)

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity