Re: tdebluez prerequisite obexd

J Leslie Turriff via tde-devels wrote:

> For me, it's just a nightmare to get audio working on openSUSE; and now
> with my first foray into BlueTooth, it seems just more of the same. :-)

I don't know about SuSE. I always used Debian after 2002. Audio is a
complicated thing I admit. ALSA is very good, but it is too low level. The
challenge comes from the fact that the computer turned into a multipurpose
device and one of the applications is audio and video. So you have more and
more applications that must share the same audio system. This is why PA was
done - to manage the applications that need audio. Since 12.x it works very
well. I used to compile it before, because I use Debian stable and PA was
really bad, so I installed the latest and greatest from source. But now it
works fine. PipeWire intends to close some gaps in PA (I heard), but did
not try it. I like the situation now and I don't need to change anything
that works.
The PA bluetooth plugin is optional, because no one knows if someone would
want to use this. However if you install it, it provides the desired
profiles to the bluetooth stack and everything is meant to be transparent.
Most of the time it is.
Perhaps you lack basic understanding how those things work together. I bet
there are good documents to read, or videos to watch.
I wonder if someone is using BT input devices (mouse/keyboard) and can give
some feedback on how tdebluez behaves. AFAIR we do not show them in the GUI

--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA  4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0