Re: bad copy & paste from Konsole to Konsole running MCedit

On 11/29/21 11:11 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> David C. Rankin composed on 2021-11-27 14:35 (UTC-0600):
>
>>   Check your /etc/vimrc or ~/.vimrc and make sure autoindent is turned off.
>> e.g. look for:
>
>> " automatically indent lines (default)
>> " set noautoindent
>
>> You can uncomment the "set noautoindent" for vi globally (I do that in my
>> ~/.vimrc). You can also just use the command ': set noai' in vim to turn it off.
>
>>   I have seen konsole do this with vim active for --- well forever. It drives
>> me nuts, so I turn autoindent off and if I need it, just type ': set ai' to
>> turn it on when editing code.
>
>>   That is likely the issue if vim is involved, if not -- I have no other guesses.
>
> I finally found installations with a .vimrc to remove (host big41, Mageia 7/TDE
> 14.0.9 & 8/TDE 14.0.11). Its removal didn't help, and there is no /etc/vim* in either.
>
> To be clear, the editor I always use in mc is mcedit, the internal mc editor. I
> can't imagine what vim settings would have to do with it.

Then it is something, perhaps where the text you are pasting is coming from.
>From kwrite to mcedit in konsole on 15.0, no problems:

https://paste.opensuse.org/18758362

Only other thought I would have would be if your indentations were actual
'tab' characters instead of spaces. (note that is a thought, guess, etc...)
Pasting from code with spaces for indention seems to work fine.

aside:

(while we are on konsole, we need to update the xterm backend as the new xterm
provides a multi-line write that some package managers are using that is not
ANSI escape based that opensuse KDE3 hasn't been patched for -- and I suspect
TDE is in the same boat) pacman (Arch package manager) is doing this now and
konsole just kind of provides jittery output on a single line, rather than
current and total on separate lines.)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.