Re: bad copy & paste from Konsole to Konsole running MCedit

On 11/27/21 12:30 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> deloptes composed on 2021-11-24 07:01 (UTC+0100):
>
>> Felix Miata wrote:
>
>>> FWIW, this is output from inxi v3.3.09 (released yesterday).
>
>> check your environment variables or settings. I have seen this in "vi" but
>> do not remember what was exactly the setting to tweak.
>> In any case it has to do with automatic formatting and nothing to do with
>> konsole itself.
>
> Check them for what? Automatic formatting of what? I don't often do anything that
> I know my change any environment settings from defaults. All my Debians use the
> same .bashrc. All my openSUSEs and Fedoras use a similar one, and my Mageias use
> another that's almost the same. It's happened in the last week on 3 machines'
> installations, Mageia, Fedora, and Debian. I'm routinely copying output from inxi,
> so this is most often when I notice it happen, but when I copy more than just from
> inxi at once it affects all that follows once it begins.

Felix,

  Check your /etc/vimrc or ~/.vimrc and make sure autoindent is turned off.
e.g. look for:

" automatically indent lines (default)
" set noautoindent

You can uncomment the "set noautoindent" for vi globally (I do that in my
~/.vimrc). You can also just use the command ': set noai' in vim to turn it off.

  I have seen konsole do this with vim active for --- well forever. It drives
me nuts, so I turn autoindent off and if I need it, just type ': set ai' to
turn it on when editing code.

  That is likely the issue if vim is involved, if not -- I have no other guesses.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.