Make Konqueror's status bar (when using as a file manager) display the used and total available space of directory

I was not sure where to post this thread: on tde-users or on tde-devels. But since this is more a feature request I decided to publish here. If for feature requests is this the right place, I am not sure...

Konqueror is quite a good application, but as a file manager I miss an important feature, which even the simplest file managers (like PCManFM) has: to show on status bar the used and total available space (both value!) for the current directory. Konqueror instead shows "(... Total)" (the total size of files, but not incuded the contents of subdirectories), which almost says nothing. It is true that I can find what I want if I right click and select Properties (Size, Free disk space), but this is very unconvenient. I do not want to click for this, I want the file browser display this permanently on statusbar, to know what is the situation in that directory (how many free space still it has). Maybe is there a setting for this, at least I coud not find it...
So, this is a feature request: make Konqueror to show these values on status bar (of course in human readable format and shortened, for detailed info is appropriate the "Properties") instead what it shows currently.
OS: exegnu64_beowulf-20200707
Konqueror R14.0.8