Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directory view TDE R14.0.9

Hi Michele.

this is a reply to your reply which is on the web interface for the list but
can't get on my email client as my isp SFR.fr appears to have serious
problems with their webserver and the their  pop3 server. I can send ok using
smtp for my email account at orange, but please reply using the
fizzog.z9m23@xxxxxxxxx  as CC.

Now to the reply.

Item 1:
I havn't tried removing the line from the desktop file as On the same machine
I have Kubuntu 8.04 (kde3), xubuntu 12.04 with TDE, xubuntu 14.04 with TDE
and it was only neccessary to change true to false on the line in the desktop
file, for konquerorsu to appear on the desktop menu then open faultlessly
when clicking on the desktop icon.

Item 2:
Right I've got the root login working and when logged in as root konquerorsu
opens correctly when using the desktop icon.

Using Konsole to open it, it again opens correctly displaying the filemanager
profile. One warning in Konsole re [libkonq] could not find background
wallpaper. that seems irrelevant.

Item 3:
I'll have a go at building the modules for R14.0.6. the page for the source
downloads
"http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/releases/R14.0.6/downloads.html";
has a whole bunch of packages.
can I get a working TDE from,
tdebase
tdelibs
R14.0.6-core.tar
applications/tdesudo

item 4:
I do need to install xubuntu 16.04 on another computer but that has the same
motherboard on it and I don't want to be working on too many things at the
same time.

This problem is quite strange if I'm the only one who has seen this
konquerorsu behaviour on various flavours of ubuntu 16.04. Perhaps it's
because they don't know that konquerorsu exists. after all it is a hidden
desktop file.

All the best.

Nigel.