Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directory view TDE R14.0.9

Hi Michele
Ok, I'll go for it. I've built quite a lot of stuff. I suppose it's better if
I build it on the same machine as the one with the buggy konqueror. Now to
find some drive space.

Which modules do I need to get a basic install, enough to try and debug
konquerorsu?

Where do I find the build instructions?

Hi Nigel,
building scripts available here:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde-packaging/src/branch/master/debian/_buildscripts/local
Make sure to read the README.txt file, it explains the process in detail.
The scripts are part of the master branch, not R14.0.x. So make sure to copy the folder before you switch to R14.0.x. If you have any issues with the scripts, let me know. To build tdelibs and tdebase with debug, you can edit the file 01_base_01.sh and add "-d" to the call to build_module, like this:
build_module -d "core/tdelibs"
build_module -d "core/tdebase"

Having said all the above, the problem may not be related to konqueror per se but instead of how it is called through sudo. Before you start rebuilding all on your own, it may be worth to understand better where the problem is.

1) Can you explain how you put konquerorsu on desktop? which file did you copy and edit? I refer to your first email where you mentioned you changed "NoDisplay" but I don't see that in konquerorsu.desktop.

2) does konqueror (without su) works fine?

3) it would be useful if you setup your root account and try running konqueror from a root session for comparison.

4) anything strange in .xsession-errors?

Cheers
 Michele