Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directory view TDE R14.0.9

On Friday 19 March 2021 12:15, Michele Calgaro via tde-devels wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> >> 2) I guess the SIGINT is something you manually generated with CTRL-C,
> >> so >> nothing to worry about. It wasn't there in you original trace as
> >> well.> > As the program hangs and doesn't crash the
>
> SIGINT was necessary so I could> continue on in (gdb)
> Yup, I guessed that :-)
>
> > When I got the tdebase-trinity-dbg package it pulled in other dbg
> > packages including tdelibs-trinity-dbg.  See attachment
> > "tdebase-trinity-dbg-plus-dbg-deps.txt"
>
> Thanks for all the other answers. Unfortunately, there isn't much very
> useful. It seems quite weird. Somehow Konqueror is running (no crash) but
> not showing up anything. The only way that comes to my mind to troubleshoot
> this would be to see what Konqueror is doing and that requires packages
> built with debug on. Then we would be able to enable kdDebug tracing and
> try to figure out what is going on.
> Any chance you are able to build your own packages? We do have a set of
> build scripts that makes building TDE quite easy on debian/ubuntu if you
> want to give it a go.
>
> Cheers
>   Michele

Hi Michele
Ok, I'll go for it. I've built quite a lot of stuff. I suppose it's better if
I build it on the same machine as the one with the buggy konqueror. Now to
find some drive space.

Which modules do I need to get a basic install, enough to try and debug
konquerorsu?

Where do I find the build instructions?

All the best,

Nigel.