Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directory view TDE R14.0.9

Hi Nigel,

This appears to be how the konquerorsu.desktop file is set up on ubuntu
installs.
<snip>

Ok thanks for the clarification.
Have you tried removing such line from konquerorsu.desktop, just to see if it makes any difference?

3) it would be useful if you setup your root account and try running
konqueror from a root session for comparison.

Ok. I've got a problem here. I created a  root password then unlocked the
password file (which removed the lock (lower case L) but cannot find out how
to add a root login user to the login menu. So at the moment I'm a bit stuck
on being able to login as root.

You need to enable root login in tdm for that.
In debian's TDE Control Center (which may be different from te ubuntu one) there is a Login Manager under System Administration. In the Convenience tab at the very bottom there is a "Allow Root Login" checkbox that you need to tick. You will need of course admin rights to change that.

Now a question.
Is there a way to install an earlier TDE release (R14.0.6) for example on
xubuntu 16.04? I thought that I might be able to work my way up through
the
releases until this konquerorsu problem occured on one of them.
My xubuntu 14.04 trusty has R14.0.4 and that has no problems with konquerorsu
opening as it should.
At least we would the know if this problem is specific to R14.0.9 or is
present on some earlier releases as well.

You would have to build those versions on your own, for example using those scripts I pointed you to (happy to help if needed). But I do not think this issue is specific to R14.0.9, I would be surprised if that is the case.

Another things you could check is whether the same issue happens on another computer or within a VM installation.

Cheers
  Michele