Re: tq development tools

On 2020-12-22 20:52:06 Michele Calgaro via tde-devels wrote:
> On 2020/12/23 04:15 AM, deloptes wrote:
> > J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> >> In addition to the regular development tool programs in
> >> /opt/trinity/bin, I also see numerous tq* programs in /usr/bin, which
> >> are installed from the Trinity repository.  What are these for?  Which
> >> should be used for application development?
> >
> > As far as I know (based on my experience) you don't have to care about
> > that, because the build scripts know already where to look for what. Also
> > asuming you have installed default TDE the environment is set correctly
> > etc.
	'The environment' meaning environment variables?  AFAIK, on the OpenSuSE
platform, none of the Trinity-associated environment variables are ever set.

> >  From what I remeber under /usr/bin is the tools needed to build the one
> > in /opt/trinity. same as libtqt which has includesin /usr/include/tqt
> >
> > Of course someone like Slavek or Michele can give more detailed
> > information or point to a documentation source.
>
> /usr/bin/tq* are dev tools for TQt3. They are installed if you have
> installed tqt3-devs-* packages. Cheers
>    Michele

	TQt3 as opposed to what?  There seem to be two different development
environments active, but I can't find anything e.g. in the Wiki to
differentiate them or state which is used for what.

Leslie