Re: tq development tools

On Wed December 23 2020 02:02:39 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> > /usr/bin/tq* are dev tools for TQt3. They are installed if you have
> > installed tqt3-devs-* packages. Cheers
> >    Michele
>
> 	TQt3 as opposed to what?  There seem to be two different development
> environments active, but I can't find anything e.g. in the Wiki to
> differentiate them or state which is used for what.

tqt3 is to TDE as Qt is to KDE - a foundation.  tqt3 is also a
compatibility layer designed to make it easier for TDE to work
with each new version of Qt that comes down the 'pike.

kdevelop for KDE, tdevelop-trinity for TDE, tqt3-designer for tqt3,
and qtcreator for Qt are all different development environments
roughly equivalent to Microsoft Virtual Studio.  Each development
environment (aka IDE) can be used to develop for a variety of
application frameworks and with a variety of programming languages.

Personally I prefer qtcreator for developing C++ applications even
though my applications don't use Qt.

--Mike