Re: fd_do_rw() returned -22 for non S_ISBLK

> Not sure what you mean here..  Does this mean the filesystem that the
> FILEIO file is referencing was offline when the -EINVAL error was
> generated..?

Correct. Physically HDD's were gone but the filesystem was still
exported using targetcli.
As said this is just a misconfiguration on my part. However obviously
a feature would be for targetcli to detect if a filesystem is really
valid or not.

> Strange, FILEIO does support WRITE_SAME (VAAI BlockZero) emulation and
> there is no reason why it should be failing..

But this is probably from 3.12 kernel, right? We're still on 3.11.
However even if VAAI is not supported with 3.11 then likely it should
not fail.

> Nope.  WRITE_SAME emulation for IBLOCK and FILEIO backends has been
> around for a while now.

I see. Well I will see if it continues.

Currently we have a number of "odd situations" which aren't exactly
clear. So the haunt goes on until we get everything stable and without
weird warnings.

Thank you for your effort so far.

-- Henrik