Re: fd_do_rw() returned -22 for non S_ISBLK

> So AFAICT the -EINVAL error on READs is most likely coming some where
> from within the underlying file-system, and not the underlying storage
> (eg: we'd typically see a HBA failure if this was the case).
>
> Anything special about the file-system here..?

Ok so I think I found the reason.

The truth is that we used to have a set of both SSD + HDD's in the
machine until we pulled the HDD's out last week. Targetcli was still
recording the HDD's as active even though the real filesystem does not
exist anymore. Essentially old references to non-existent hardware.

After removing this reference from targetcli the errors magically also
disappeared.

However the reason why I started noticing this to begin with was that
I saw disk write errors within one vmware virtual machine running on
the actual datastore.
The problem that I had was that it kept saying "Write same failed.
Manually zeroing".

So assuming that this error -22 was a false alarm due to
misconfiguration then I am still trying to find out why the other
error actually happened.

Could this be some feature not properly implemented in the target driver?

-- Henrik