Re: systemd prerelease 256-rc1

On Fr, 26.04.24 09:49, Neal Gompa (ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > Well, people moved off split-usr quite successfully, which is a bigger
> > feat than cleaning up the /boot/efi/ mess I'd say.
> >
> > Fedora is currently merging /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/, which I am pretty
> > sure is a bigger change too.
>
> Neither of those involved screwing with mountpoints and changing code
> around bootloaders.
>
> >From a distribution perspective, UsrMerge and the bin+sbin merge are
> significantly simpler things.

Well, believe what you want. But even in Fedora it's probably <= 15
packages that care about the EFI mount point.

the sbin/bin merge and the usr merge otoh touched pretty much *every*
package in the repo.

I think the reproducible build stuff currently being in fedora is also
going to be a harder thing to do.

But anyway, we can certainly agree that we have different
concepts/metrics of "hard" or "easy" tasks.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin