Re: systemd prerelease 256-rc1

On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:11 AM Adrian Vovk <adrianvovk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps Fedora can be adjusted to follow the BLS's recommended mount points?

The problem with all of these type of "we've realized a better way and
the old way is obsolete" is that it's left as someone else's issue to
actually change existing users from the obsolete way. I've written
code to migrate away from some old setup several times at Endless and
it's always scary that you're going to screw a whole class of users
and the only way out of that will be manual intervention. That's
doubly so for something like this where it's touching critical boot
files. Doing something wrong there may make someone's system unusable.

So, while I do agree with the sentiment that /boot/efi is a bad idea
and should not be done anymore, I have a lot of sympathy for Fedora
continuing to use it.

--
Dan Nicholson  |  Endless OS Foundation