Re: How to use systemd-growfs* services with GPT automount

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023, 13:29 Nils Kattenbeck <nilskemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Lennart,

thanks for the information. I finally found out the true cause,
however, and it's just stupidity on my part.
While Debian (my mkosi base) does ship systemd-growfs and the man
pages for all the services, it does not ship the services themselves.
So I guess that the auto-grow functionality can never be activated.

Even after switching to Fedora (and adding two to the cmdline) the growfs functionality still does not work. The images are simply generated with mkosi. Is there any part which I might be missing?

Are there any mechanisms to debug this mechanism? Maybe something with the generator files? I can also create a minimal example and provide you with the image, or mkosi files, whichever you prefer if that would help.

Kind regards, Nils