Re: How to use systemd-growfs* services with GPT automount

On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 5:40 PM Nils Kattenbeck <nilskemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2023, 13:29 Nils Kattenbeck <nilskemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lennart,
>>
>> thanks for the information. I finally found out the true cause,
>> however, and it's just stupidity on my part.
>> While Debian (my mkosi base) does ship systemd-growfs and the man
>> pages for all the services, it does not ship the services themselves.
>> So I guess that the auto-grow functionality can never be activated.
>

> Even after switching to Fedora (and adding two to the cmdline) the growfs functionality still does not work. The images are simply generated with mkosi. Is there any part which I might be missing?
>
> Are there any mechanisms to debug this mechanism? Maybe something with the generator files? I can also create a minimal example and provide you with the image, or mkosi files, whichever you prefer if that would help.

I had a look into the source of gpt-auto-generator. In add_root_mount
the add_mount function is called with growfs set to false without
considering any flags/options. This seems to negate the whole purpose
of using the growfs flag in the first place?!

Kind regards, Nils