How to use systemd-growfs* services with GPT automount

Hello,

I am not sure how to get systemd-growfs-root.service to work with
automount. The partitions are configured via systemd-repart (and the
image created using mkosi). While the partitions are correctly grown
upon boot, the contained filesystem is not grown to match the
partition even though GrowFileSystem defaults to true. Is there
anything I am missing or an easy way to troubleshoot this and get more
information?

One thing I notice is that the generator.late/-.mount unit has a
Options=ro which as per documentation prevents growing the filesystem.
However, the filesystem is actually mounted read-write so I assume
this is just an artifact of the initrd. Is it not possible to grow the
filesystem from which the initrd starts?

Kind regards,
Nils