Antw: Re: [systemd‑devel] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] [systemd???devel] starting networking from within single user mode?

Nachricht <2888d487-984a-b071-fa79-b18f662ef647@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2022, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> [...]
>> > Boot with "systemd.debug‑shell" and use tty9 to investigate from the
inside.

>> Wow! never heard of that option. Is that a kind of target, or what is the
> mechanism?
>> Which of the 196 (man ‑k systemd | wc ‑l) systemd‑related manual pages
would
> describe it? ;‑)
>
> All of systemd's kernel command‑line options are documented under "KERNEL
> COMMAND LINE" in the systemd(1) man page.

OK, that explains it: In my version of the manual page (systemd-249.12) that
parameter does not exist.
No surprise that I've never heard of it.

However when reading systemd.directives(7), it says the command is explained
in kernel-command-line(7).
Looking there it refers to systemd-debug-generator(8). The latter refers to
debug-shell.service.

> When you're in doubt where something might be documented, look at
> systemd.directives(7). You'll find them there too.

OK! Thanks!

Regards,
Ulrich