Re: How do I use ProxyCommand to connect to remote host using shared session enabled by ControMaster?

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I suppose you cannot do that since host * provides defaults for all
>>> hosts irrespective of the order. You can try to add an empty
>>> ProxyCommand to jumphost.
>>>

>> Hopefully I am not pushing it :-) , but is it possible to factor in
>> the IP network I am connecting from in my config file?
>>
>> So if I am connecting from 192.168.1.0/24 block, usually when I am
>> home, *only* then login to remotehost using the proxy command.
>>
>> But if I am connecting from 10.13.137.0/22 block, usually when at
>> work, do not use proxy command.
>
> I think I got it
>
> $ cat ~/.ssh/config
>
> host jumphost
>  hostname jumphost.example.net
>  ForwardX11 yes
>  ControlMaster auto
>  ControlPath ~/.ssh/%r@%h:%p
>  ProxyCommand none
> host from="!*.ad.work.com"
>  ProxyCommand ssh -T -a jumphost nc %h %p

host from="!.*.ad.work.com" won't work.

so I still need to find out if it is possible?

That is, can I modify the .ssh/config in such that if I am coming from
corporate network don't use the proxy command ?

I use the same laptop from work and home. So I will have the same
.ssh/config file.

When I am connecting from home the proxy command works fine. But I
like to disable the proxy command when
I am connecting from work, because I do have direct access to the
remotehosts. No need to jump through jumphost.

> So it skips the proxy command now when connecting from work. I will
> test some more from home.
>
> Thanks again!
>

>> --
>> Asif Iqbal
>> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>>

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?