Re: is ssh tunneling a security risk?

For every response I've seen, analysts address the protection of the
network in-bound, like web avoidance and tunnel hijacking.  What if your
security team is stringent due to the inability to see the data you
might be releasing out-bound.  If you are using tunnels, it is beyond
their control to prevent you from sending intellectual property, trade
secrets, or otherwise from within the company -> out.  In other words,
egress control.  It could be that HIPAA, SOX, GBLA, PCI or some other
legal compliance requirement (whatever laws are in force in France) is
forcing IT to shut down what they cannot monitor with regards to
protected data exchange.