RE: Allowing remote root login seems to be bad. Why?

Hi,

I think Ron is totally right, logging is very important, not in order to
know who to blame for in case of trouble but just in order to have
visibility on your system, Logs can be really verbose, no need to
concatenate that under only one user.

I wish to add something though. Sudo allows a non-privileged user to
substantially and temporary (not more than a command-line) take Root right,
sudo is also fully configurable to only allow this features for some
restricted things (restarting only apache and mysql deamon for example), if
operators have limited tasks and action field, no need for them to have full
access, this may only cause more damage.

Limiting Root access level in a multi managed environment is really
important if you don't wanna go mad.

Thanks.

-François