Re: The latest version of Squirrelmail 1.5.2 will only connect to MySQL-databases if I not change the default table names

On Sun, August 11, 2019 10:12 am, Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> ---Paul Lesniewski wrote on August 11, 2019 00:25---
>> SquirrelMail does not create database tables for you. You are
>> responsible for doing that and the configuration lets you adapt the
>> table and column names as necessary to your environment.
>
> 1. Is it a new option, that Squirrelmail not create the tables in
> MySQL-databases (back in March 2018, I not means that I should create the
> tables for Squirrelmail myself)?

It's not an option -- SquirrelMail has never done that for you.

> 2. Is it possible that configtest.php can be modified, so you see an error
> if Squirrelmail not can find the tables in MySQL-databases?

That's a morass that I don't think we'll wade into.  There's plenty of
different database engines out there and lots of ways to create tables.
If you need just the basics, there is in fact a CREATE TABLE example at
the top of functions/db_prefs.php in the source code.

> It is a little confused that configtest.php first write that I fine
> connect to MySQL-databases, but after that Squirrelmail not can find the
> tables when I try to login.

Connecting is not the same as accessing tables.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team

-----