Re: User change password problem

satimis wrote:

>>> $ netstat -an | grep 106
>>> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:106             0.0.0.0:*
>>> LISTEN
>>>
>>Check if you can get xinetd and bind poppassd to localhost only. You don't
>>have to expose this system service to outside users.
>
> I don't have xinetd installed.  I'm running openbsd-inetd
> Sorry, I made a mistake.  After checking the notes taken at installing
> this server, I ran following steps creating user account and password:-
>
> $ sudo adddovecotuser aaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Adding user aaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx to /etc/dovecot/users
> Creating user directory /home/vmail/mydomain.com/info
> Adding user to /etc/postfix/vmaps
> postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system
>
> Create a password for the new email user
> Enter new password: mypasswd
> Retype new password: mypasswd
> Adding password for aaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx to /etc/dovecot/passwd

njae.me.uk setup allows you to setup virtual users with postfix and dovecot,
but it does not explain how to setup user level access to password changes.
You might need some hack for change_passwd plugin or custom plugin.

If you want to use virtual users in your setup, look for setups that store
data in SQL or LDAP and can be setup with Postfix and Dovecot LDA. If user
data is stored in SQL or LDAP, you might be able to use some standard
SquirrelMail plugin.