Re: How to set the FQDN part of message IDs

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:08:17 -0700
Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > True, provided you are satisfied with the format of SM's "Message-ID"
> > header.
>
> This does not come out of thin air.  See section 3.6.4, especially the
> last paragraph of RFC 2822.  If you change this substantially, you
> should watch that some mail systems don't reject your messages.

Hello Paul.

You'll have no argument from me there.

My only objection to the format of SM's Message-ID is the inclusion of
"squirrel."  As far as I'm aware, the RFC does not mandate that the
name of the MUA be part of the Message-ID (nor does it prohibit it).

Again, one of the beauties of open source is that it allows you to
customize an application to your liking  -- even if the developers
would sometimes rather you didn't.

Regards.

--
Casco