Re: How to set the FQDN part of message IDs

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:41:58 -0700
Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I cannot find where the Message-ID is generated in
> >> squirrelmail and how it could be configured.
> >> Please someone point me to the relevant documentation or
> >> code section or configuration variable.
> >>
> > That would be "class/Deliver.class.php."
> >
> > I'm no coder, but if you wish, write me off-list I'll send you my hack.

>  Hacking the SquirrelMail code is not the right place to fix this.

True, provided you are satisfied with the format of SM's "Message-ID"
header.

I wasn't, hence, I changed it to my liking -- and suppressed the
"User-Agent" agent header while I was at it as well (totally unnecessary
for my purposes). (Not meaning in any way to detract from your excellent
code and dedication to SM.)

The beauty of open source is that if you don't like the way something
works or need additional functionality, you hack the code to your
heart's content (as long as you are prepared to live with the
consequences should you hork the application instead).

My warmest regards.

--
Casco