Re: What is "security_tokens" in the userprefs?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM, C. Bensend <benny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>    I did some poking around in my preferences (stored in a PostgreSQL
>> database), and I noticed that the security_tokens row for my user
>> is HUGE.  Like over half a megabyte huge, which seems a bit .. off.
>> It contains nothing but tokens like:
>>
>> i:INTEGER;s:12:"TOKEN";
>>
>> where INTEGER is a ten-digit number, and TOKEN is a 12-character
>> string.  This pattern repeats over and over and over again, taking
>> up dozens of screens of output when I'm looking at the query results
>> in psql.
>>
>>    What exactly are these tokens?  Are these accumulated as long as
>> I leave a browser logged in, or ...?  I was wondering if the algorithm
>> SquirrelMail uses to run through all of those might be causing the
>> timeouts.
>
> Just a quick reply, I did some more searching and found Paul's
> suggestion from a related question I've asked...  I added:
>
> $max_token_age_days = 2;
>
> to my config_local.php, and it didn't appear to clean any of the
> tokens out.

In your version (assuming install from tarball from our site), this is
the default anyway.  Try setting it to 1 instead.  That should cut
your tokens roughly in half - if not, there may be some other issue.

In general, you shouldn't get such a large collection of tokens unless
you use webmail VERY heavily.  It also won't hurt to log out, blank
out all your tokens in the database and log in again.  If setting that
value to 1 above doesn't help, try that and see if it solves your
refresh issue.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team