Re: Squirrelmail: UTF-8 not handled well

Hello Tomas Kuliavas,

> How code can tell that text written in text area is in RTL language? I can
> write three different names of god in text box and only one of them will
> be in RTL.
>
> dir attribute works for pages where page author controls content of the
> page. In webmail you don't control user inputs and email contents.

ANd how does it work in Google Translate or Transliterate?

It is a BIG INPUT field and it just works.

Can it be, that it des not work in "squirrelmail",  du  to  the  default
charset of iso-8859-1?  I think, it is realy time to switch entirely  to
utf-8 which is the most common charset used.

Du to the mix of charsets in squirrelmail, sometimes  farsi  is  working
and german not and another time it works with german and farsi does  not
more work.  Currently I use an external editor to write farsi  mails  in
mutt and it works flawless, but I (and not only me)  have  the  need  to
write my mother language in squirrelmail.

Oh and also my E-Mail give some weird Errors in Squirrelmail, even if it
is 100% legal and RFC conform.  ;-)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx