Re: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

On Thu, December 2, 2010 6:26 pm, Sam Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Problem: I keep getting the following message: "ERROR: Connection
> dropped by IMAP server".  Fortunately after a minute or so, the error
> message will go away and my mail will work again, but I'm trying to figure
> out what this problem is and how to stop it.  This is happening for all
> email accounts through squirrel mail, on multiple types of computers (we
> primarily use Macs).
>
> Background: A few months ago I began working at this company (SoloVision
> Productions), and I was not briefed on how squirrel mail was installed or
> functions for our mail, but I now have the responsibility as
> administrator.
> I looked through your web page in your ³Before Asking for Support² section
> as well as ³Known Bugs² and ³Solving Problems² sections, but I still don¹t
> know how to fix this problem (possibly because I don¹t completely
> understand
> how this system works).  I¹m extremely sorry if the answer to this problem
> is easy but I can¹t seem to find (or understand) a solution.  Please let
> me
> know what I can/should do to fix this problem...I am happy to provide any
> information necessary although I might need to be walked through the
> process
> of how to find out that information.
>
> Thank you for you time, looking forward to your response,
> -Sam Freund

hello, I am an amature user and so you can take anything I say with a
pinch of salt but I would say that the problem is not with squirrelmail
config ( although it may be) but with the IMAP thingy. My amature
suggestion would be to install your own test instance of the server and
squirrelmail etc so you know what's going on then I suppose you could dump
everybodies mail into your install and use that ?