Re: After changing user password Squirrelmail is inoperative

On Mon, July 12, 2010 4:42 pm, Mark Anderson wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We had to change the password on our Linux server due to a security issue,
> and now our Squirrelmail program cannot be accessed. Before we made this
> change our Squirrelmail was working fine and could be accessed from our
> web interface at mail.ourwebsite.com.  But now it won't even connect to
> the site, and an error page is generated stating that a connection to the
> server cannot be made.  We also re-booted our Linux server after making
> the change to the user password, then re-logged in to the command line on
> the server for a final verification of our new password - there is only
> one user account on the Linux server.  What went wrong? Do we need to
> change the password in our MySQL authentication? How do we do that?  Did
> re-booting the server cause the Linux mail service to stop running?  How
> do we re-start the service?  Please help...we need to get this back up and
> running today asap - on Tuesday at the latest because this is affecting
> our product sales
>  platform.

This may be off-topic because Squirrelmail working or not because of a
password change is not typically possible, however if your IMAP
What version of Linux are you running?

> Mark
> itprof_ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---