untitled-1[___] text/plain attachment

When sending an email from gmail.com (haven't tested other Internet email
servers such as yahoo, hotmail, etc.), that does not contain any
attachments, to both my squirrelmail account and my lotus notes account,
the squirrelmail Message View shows an attachment labled untitled-1[___]
(___=some number like 1 or 1.1) which simply contains the text of the
message. The lotus notes account does not show any attachment.

When I send an email to both accounts that does contain an attachment, they
both contain the attachment but squirrelmail still has the same text/plain
untitled attachment in addition to the real attachment.

When I send an email from lotus notes to squirrelmail, squirrelmail doesn't
list the text/plain untitled attachment. I don't know why it does from
gmail.com though.

Is there a way to hide/mask/remove this untiled attachment?

r/Derek