Re: untitled-1[___] text/plain attachment

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:09 AM,  <dwnek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When sending an email from gmail.com (haven't tested other Internet email
> servers such as yahoo, hotmail, etc.), that does not contain any
> attachments, to both my squirrelmail account and my lotus notes account,
> the squirrelmail Message View shows an attachment labled untitled-1[___]
> (___=some number like 1 or 1.1) which simply contains the text of the
> message. The lotus notes account does not show any attachment.
>
> When I send an email to both accounts that does contain an attachment, they
> both contain the attachment but squirrelmail still has the same text/plain
> untitled attachment in addition to the real attachment.
>
> When I send an email from lotus notes to squirrelmail, squirrelmail doesn't
> list the text/plain untitled attachment. I don't know why it does from
> gmail.com though.

Sounds to me like you are sending "rich text" emails through Gmail
which means those mails will automatically have two parts - a text
part and an HTML part.  Your Lotus configuration sounds like it's
sending in text format only.  I'm not sure there is any problem here
at all.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team