Re: upgrade to 1.4.18 gives "you must be logged in" error

Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Chris Hoogendyk
>> <hoogendyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I have 3 very similar servers with different domains running squirrelmail.
>>>
>>> I updated all three from 1.4.10a to 1.4.18 this morning.
>>>
>>> 2 of them went perfectly smoothly. I untarred the release into the ssl
>>> directory. I copied the config.php file from the older release to the
>>> newer release. I connected from FireFox to make sure the existing
>>> install was working. Then I removed a symlink "mail" that pointed to
>>> squirrelmail-1.4.10a and recreated it pointing to squirrelmail-1.4.18.
>>> Then I connected from FireFox to make sure the new install was working.
>>>
>>> So, the configured smdata and smattach are unchanged. The same Apache
>>> and php are running and the config file still points to the same place
>>> which still has ownership and write access for user http.
>>>
>>> On the third server, following exactly the same procedures, when I tried
>>> to connect to the new 1.4.18, it took me from the login page to an error
>>> page saying "you must be logged in to access this page". Since I have
>>> many users depending on this, I immediately reverted the symlink back to
>>> 1.4.10a. My attempt to connect then worked.
>>>
>>> I tried going to my FireFox preferences and deleting the squirrelmail
>>> cookies from all three domains. Then I tried going to 1.4.18 on the 3rd
>>> domain. Same error.
>>>
>>> There are two differences that I can think of for the servers. The first
>>> 2 are back on php 4, because they have some legacy code that needs to be
>>> fixed in some other applications. The 3rd server, which gives me this
>>> error, is on php 5.
>>>

>> http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c267a7b0ff79cca0e638839aeda61f387.squirrel%40intraweb.gaia.de%3e
>>
>> Please state the exact PHP version and try the suggested debug actions
>> in that thread to help us understand what is going on.
>>

> Sorry, I should have just included the configtest.php output originally.
> I have put the output below for the server that has the problems and for
> one of the servers that works.
>
> Also, as per the thread you mentioned above, I disabled line 82 in
> src/redirect.php (enclosed the whole if statement in comment from 81 to
> 83) and everything worked fine. I re-enabled line 82, and again got the
> original error I was asking about.
>
> When login screen displays, SQMSESSID = 874b11ec73130b8dd16f495cddb76758.
>
> With exit just before line 82, SQMSESSID = 874b11ec73130b8dd16f495cddb76758.
>
> Switched exit to just after line 82, put my cursor in the url field at
> the top of firefox and hit return to re-enter src/redirect.php, got the
> same error, and SQMSESSID = 874b11ec73130b8dd16f495cddb76758. Those are
> all identical.
>
> So, is that the information you were looking for? I didn't see any
> response yet from Andreas Vogt on that thread.
>
> Let me know if there is something else you would like me to do.

After seeing Andreas' response shortly after mine, I doubted my
procedure of doing it all in one sequence and just putting my cursor in
the url line and making it refresh.

So, if I have the exit right after line 82, and start from scratch
(deleting cookies first),
show login screen, SQMSESSID = 984a64f6664c8a6f7b1e4c848a344560
enter login & exit after line 82, SQMSESSID =
3c49aa620554227bb2c5a29949e74515

In addition, the cookie first says send for secure sessions only, and
then after it changes, it says for any kind of session.

Ooooh, here's a totally weird piece of information -- I just tried
Safari at someone else's suggestion. It's dialog for dealing with the
expired certificate is different, and it sets a several options
regarding always trusting the expired certificate. Anyway, it worked.
With line 82 active and no exits added to the code (in other words with
squirrelmail-1.4.18 as released), Safari works.

Now I'm not sure where this is all going.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator