Re: upgrade to 1.4.18 gives "you must be logged in" error

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Chris Hoogendyk
<hoogendyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have 3 very similar servers with different domains running squirrelmail.
>
> I updated all three from 1.4.10a to 1.4.18 this morning.
>
> 2 of them went perfectly smoothly. I untarred the release into the ssl
> directory. I copied the config.php file from the older release to the
> newer release. I connected from FireFox to make sure the existing
> install was working. Then I removed a symlink "mail" that pointed to
> squirrelmail-1.4.10a and recreated it pointing to squirrelmail-1.4.18.
> Then I connected from FireFox to make sure the new install was working.
>
> So, the configured smdata and smattach are unchanged. The same Apache
> and php are running and the config file still points to the same place
> which still has ownership and write access for user http.
>
> On the third server, following exactly the same procedures, when I tried
> to connect to the new 1.4.18, it took me from the login page to an error
> page saying "you must be logged in to access this page". Since I have
> many users depending on this, I immediately reverted the symlink back to
> 1.4.10a. My attempt to connect then worked.
>
> I tried going to my FireFox preferences and deleting the squirrelmail
> cookies from all three domains. Then I tried going to 1.4.18 on the 3rd
> domain. Same error.
>
> There are two differences that I can think of for the servers. The first
> 2 are back on php 4, because they have some legacy code that needs to be
> fixed in some other applications. The 3rd server, which gives me this
> error, is on php 5.

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c267a7b0ff79cca0e638839aeda61f387.squirrel%40intraweb.gaia.de%3e

Please state the exact PHP version and try the suggested debug actions
in that thread to help us understand what is going on.

Thanks

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team