Re: sendreceipt privacy problem

> Headers for a regular message are not relevant since the sending
> process is not the same.  If you made the sending process more
> similar, that is, let the user choose who to send the message out just
> like on the normal compose screen, then it could send the message as
> the desired alias.  Otherwise, you could try to make SM guess what
> alias to use, such as by parsing the TO and CC headers and seeing if a
> match to one of your aliases is found, but that's not 100% reliable,
> since you could have been BCC'd etc.

Of course the sending process is different. But at my novice level of
understanding, a read receipt should be send with the account of TO* and
CC* and never with your primary login account of sm. BCC should never get
a read receipt (my private thinking, rfc should know it better).

>> In this example when I accept sending read receipt, I got the read
>> receipt
>> by my primary private email address. )-; Yes, patches are welcome. I'm
>> perl programmer and able to read/modify php, but it seems it's a mistake
>> by design and not just fixed be one line. And maybe there are some other
>> issue I can't see, so this behavior is "correct"?
>
> It's very much correct in 95% of the environments out there.  Yours is
> not the norm.  If you want to make accusations about bad design (sure
> it could have been designed differently), then that's not going to
> motivate anyone to take the time to redesign it I think.

You are right, in 95% all sm user aren't affected or most of the sm-user
think it's not important. For me, now I know I will never allow sending
read receipt with sm while using one of my aliases. And believe me I'm a
big fan of sm and know your work as a maintainer. You make a great job!
I'm also really interested to solve this problem and give my solution back
to sm. But this will need time. I have to investigate the code and I need
some time and I need your help. Maybe I'm completly wrong? I have just the
view of a normal user and no experience of php or the code of sm.
Also I hope this could be a point of your todo list. Maybe at the end of
this list (sm 1.9?) because the problem is not important.
CU
Dennis