Re: Request receipt acknowledge failure

>> mta is broken? Does not accept "<> sender".
>
> You're right, I mis-read the error.  Looks like you're right,
> smtp.upcmail.hu is rejecting the daily.tovis@xxxxxxxxxxx address.  In
> the end ONLY YOU know who the *original* mail was sent from and to and
> then where the receipt was being sent back to.  Use the headers and
> mail server logs and bounce messages to understand where the mail was
> going and why the server rejected it.  None of this has any
> relationship to SquirrelMail.  If, you ultimately find that the
> message was sent to the wrong destination, then you might have a
> relevant question for this list.
>
>> Message 1Kobyy-0007J3-CX has been frozen (delivery error message). The
>> sender is <>.
>>
>> The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
>>   daily.tovis@xxxxxxxxxxx: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<daily.tovis@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host smtp.upcmail.hu [213.46.255.2]: 550
>> 5.1.1 <daily.tovis@xxxxxxxxxxx> recipient rejected

Hello Tovis,
I think too, it's a problem by mta not sm. You have to check your server
log (maybe increase the debug level of your mta), mail headers or use smtp
protocol level commands as described in the wrong (my) thread. There you
can check live what would be the answer of your smart host while emulating
your mta via telnet. I prefer last way, because you can also check your
mta in this manner and detect different configurations of your mta and
your smart host.
You should also use some free mailer accounts and send emails with rcpt to
your smart host email account.
CU
Dennis